Saturday, January 9, 2010

James, while John had had "had", had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.

Have you ever heard the sentence, "James, while John had had "had", had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher."? If you have you probably think that it is very crazy and not proper english. But it is! You can even add a few more hads to the sentence. My dad and brother were discussing this on the way back from Publix last night. "What if you changed "John" to "Had-Had"?" my dad had said. He was sure there could be a person in the world named "Had-Had". Then I said, change "James" to "Thad" because "Thad" ends in "had", which makes it sound better. After all our editing the final sentence was, "While Thad had had "had", Had-Had had had "had had"; Had-Had's "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.".

4 comments:

  1. You all are driving me crazy! This "had" bit is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it was only a tribute to Daddy and Lake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand:) Too confusing for me!

    Mrs. F

    ReplyDelete